The journey of #BlogchatterA2Z is becoming really exciting and now, we had reached on alphabet “K”.
As “K”, I am again sharing a healthy recipe that could be used in dinner and lunch both. The name of recipe is “Khichdi with multigrain nutrition and it contain so many healthy ingredients that will help you in staying fit and healthy. This recipe is a an excellent “Weight loss recipe” too.
My brother is a “Fitness freak” and he has taught me this recipe, this one is his favorite recipe and he often makes this in dinner.
- Brown or red rice (1 cup)
- Mixed vegetables like cauliflower, beans, peas, tomato, or other seasonal vegetable of your choice (2 cup)
- Mixed lentils like split green (green moong dal) Split pigeon peas (arhar dal), red lentil (masoor dal) (take 2 tbsp each- make total 2 cup)
- Oats 1-2 teaspoon
- Onion finely chopped ½
- Green chilly 3-4
- Curry leaves 3-4
- Hing or asafoetida pinch
- Cumin and mustard seed for tempering
- Dry spices (salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder) as per your taste
- First washed all the vegetables and cut them properly. After cutting keep them aside.
- Now, take brown or rice and pulses mixture in a vessel and washed this 2-3 times. Then take some water and let it soak this both things for 20-30 minutes.
- Then, put the pressure cooker on gas and add ghee in it.
- When ghee gets heat, add curry leaves.
- After few minutes, add Hing, cumin and mustard seeds and allow them spluttered
- Then, add finely chopped onion and green chili and stir it properly.
- When both thing changes color and turn in to golden brown, add chopped vegetables
- Stir it for few minutes and then, add all dry spices (red chili powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder). Add little water and mixed all thing properly.
- Add 1-2 tsp oats or oats powder.
- After few minutes, add rice and pulses mixture and mixed again it properly.
- Add water (more than double of rice and pulse mixture) and close the lid of pressure cooker.
- Take 3-4 whistle and let it cook this properly.
- It usually takes 20-25 minutes (type of rice and gas may change the time up to 5-10 minutes)
- When the cooker gets cool down, open it, your yummy and healthy multigrain khichdi is ready to eat,
- Garnish with coriander leaves or grated coconut. And serve with vegetable raita or simple curd and papad.
Here I am sharing few important tips (actually the recommendation of my brother) to make this dish perfectly healthy.
- As we all know, cutting on carb is must for weight loss process. So, keep this factor in mind while making this recipe. Always use the 1 part of rice and add double vegetables and pulses to make this.
- Be experimental with the choice of vegetables and pulses. Try the different combination and you can create your own version too. with this try and hit method, you can get more than one recipe that could be used in busy weekdays for lunch and dinner.
- You may use white rice but take only a small portion of it.
- If you want you can use cinnamon stick, cloves and other hot spices of your choice for tempering. Small changes in spices could make a big difference in taste.
- You can prepare vegetables in advance during weekends, this preparation will reduce cooking time during busy weekdays.
- If you are trying brown or red rice first time, be little cautious. As these both kind of rice contain the high amount of fiber, that may cause bloating in some people. Drink enough amount of water and add these grains gradually in your diet.
This recipe is an excellent recipe for weight loss, so try different variations to make more exciting version of it.
Did you had tried this recipe before?
What was your experience? Please share with me.
It’s all for now, will share another healthy and exciting recipe in the next post.
If you had missed previous posts of this series.
read the first post ( if you had missed) Amaranth Paratha
Read the second post Barnyard millet khichdi
Read third post Chickpea salad with carrot soup
Read fourth post Dal Dhokli
Read fifth post Energy Buddha Bowl
Read sixth post Fenugreek (Methi) Thepla
Seventh post Green (Spinach) chapati with bottle gourd curry
Read 8th post Handvo
Read 9th post Idli with a healthy twist
Read the 10th post Jaggery paratha
If you like my content, then please follow me on
And subscribe to