Its day 15 of #BlogchatterA2Z and we had reached on alphabet “O”.
As “O”, the first healthy ingredient that comes in our mind is, of course “Oats”.
Oats is one of the most common and healthy food items that used as a breakfast in many households. It is a complex carbohydrate and contain so many vital nutrients like vitamin and good amount of fiber. It has lots of health benefits for our health.
Health benefits of Oats
Oats boost energy and good for our immune system. it also helps in preventing diabetes and cancer. also, consider a great food option for weight loss process.
So, in this post I am sharing an easy and exciting oat recipe that can be used in lunch and dinner both.
Oats with yogurt (savory)
I am sure most of us love curd rice and specially during summer it is a great option. Also, when we feel tired or not in the mood to do exhaustive cooking, this recipe works best. Curd rice can become healthier option, when we substitute rice with oats.
So, in this recipe, we are not making any huge changes to traditional curd rice recipe, and will make a healthier version of curd rice.
- Cooked oats 2 cup
- Curd 1 cup or as per your need
- Green chilly 3-4
- Curry leaves 3-4
- Oil or ghee 1-2 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds and hing for tempering
- Salt as per your taste
- Sugar (optional)
- First take curd in a bowl, taste it and add little water and stir it properly to make a smooth consistency curd. You can add little sugar, if it tastes too much sour.
- Now, take rolled oats, dry roast it for few minutes and then cook it by adding needed water. Prepare it, like we usually make oats for other routine dishes.
- Then, take a big bowl and take cooked oats and curd in it. Mixed it properly.
- As next step, prepare tempering.
- Heat the ghee or oil in a pan.
- Add hing, mustard seed by one. Allow them to spluttered.
- Now, add curry leaves and green chili and stir it properly.
- Wait for few minutes and then, add this tempering to oats and curd mixture.
- Mixed all ingredients once more, add salt and black paper powder for seasoning.
- Your yummy oats with yogurt are ready to eat.
This one is really simple and three step recipe. For variation, I am sharing one more easy option that is also equally healthy, Masala oats or Oats Porridge ( savoury)
Masala Oats (Oats Porridge, savory)
- Oats 2 cup
- Mixed vegetables of your choice (beans, carrot, tomato, corn) 2cup
- Onion half finely chopped
- Green chili-ginger paste or finely chopped 1-2 teaspoon
- Oil 1-2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves 3-4
- Dry spices (red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder) as per your taste
- Salt as per your taste
- Water as needed
- First prepare the vegetables after washing, cut them in pieces and keep them aside.
- Now, heat the oil in a pan
- And add hing, mustard seeds for tempering.
- After few minutes, add green chilies’ and curry leaves
- When they turn color, add finely chopped vegetables and cook them for few minutes.
- Stir it properly. Then add oats to this mixture and stir again for few minutes.
- Now, add water as per your preference (if you like somewhat dry consistency, add little and if you like mushy then add more water)
- Cover the lid and allow this to cook properly.
- Usually, it takes 10 minutes to get cooked.
- Check in between and when it gets cooked properly. Turn off the gas.
- Your healthy and tasty oats porridge is ready to eat. Garnish this with fresh coriander leaves.
- You can serve this with simple curd, chutney or curd raita.
So, this is all for now,
I hope you would like these two easy and healthy oats recipes.
Which one is your favorite? Please share with me!
Stay tuned, another healthy recipe is on the way! click the links to read previous posts.
read the first post ( if you had missed) Amaranth Paratha
Read the second post Barnyard millet khichdi
Read third post Chickpea salad with carrot soup
Read fourth post Dal Dhokli
Read fifth post Energy Buddha Bowl
Read sixth post Fenugreek (Methi) Thepla
Seventh post Green (Spinach) chapati with bottle gourd curry
Read 8th post Handvo
Read 9th post Idli with a healthy twist
Read the 10th post Jaggery paratha
Read 11 post Khichdi with multigrain nutrition
read 12th post Leftover laziz paratha
Read 13th post Moong bean sandwich with tomato soup
Read 14th post Mixed grain pancakes
If you like my content, then please follow me on
And subscribe to