The journey of #BlogchatterA2Z is getting really exciting and today, we had reached on day 7.
As “G”, I am sharing an easy, healthy and exciting recipe that could be used in dinner and lunch both.
The recipe is a healthier version of our routine Indian diet “Roti-sabzi”. With the little healthy twist, we can make this routine meal exciting. This recipe could be a great option for kid’s lunch box. And also, a great way to make them eat green vegetables.
The name of recipe is
Green (Spinach)Chapati with bottle guard curry
As the name suggested, we will add spinach to our routine chapati dough and will add some spices to make it tastier. I am serving this with bottle gourd sabzi but you can have it with any other vegetables of your choice.
Green (Spinach) Chapati
- Wheat flour or multigrain flour 1 cup (if you are looking for a healthier option and want to lose weight, then use multigrain flour)
- Besan or gram flour 2-3 teaspoon
- Cumin seed or sesame seed 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Green chilly 2-3
- Ghee or oil 1 teaspoon
- Water for kneading the dough
- First wash the spinach properly and chopped it finely. Here you have two options, either you can make puree by directly grinding the veggie, and green chili. Or as another option, you can blanch spinach for few minutes and then can make a puree by adding green chili. If you are making this for kids, you can avoid adding green chili.
- Now take flour in a bowl, and add gram flour and salt (as per your taste)
- Add green puree to dough.
- Add cumin seeds or sesame seeds for enhancing taste and flavor.
- Then, add 1 teaspoon of ghee for giving softness to dough.
- Now, prepare, dough by mixing all ingredients. Usually, it does not need any water for kneading, add a little bit if you think it is needed.
- Your green roti dough is ready. Keep it aside for 10 minutes for resting.
- After 10 minutes, make small balls (like routine roti) with this dough.
- Make round rotis with the help of rolling pins.
- Heat the skillet, and after heating, roast the roti from both sides.
- Add little ghee or butter before serving.
- Your delicious and healthy green roti is ready to eat
Bottle guard curry ( sabzi)
We all know, lauki or bottle guard is a highly nutritious vegetable. It offers so many health benefits, like great for digestion and weight loss. It could be an excellent option for dinner and lunch. And with green roti, it become a perfect weight loss recipe.
- Lauki or bottle guard (washed and cut it in fine or medium size pieces)
- Garlic (3-4 pearls)
- Green chili 2-3
- Routine spices (cumin seed, mustard seed, asafetida, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt) as per your taste
- Green coriander leaves (for garnishing)
- First prepare the lauki (washed and cut it properly) and keep it aside.
- Now, cut the green chili and garlic in finely chopped pieces (if you want, you can make fine paste too)
- Then, heat the oil in a pan
- First add hing or asaphotieda, cumin and mustard seeds for tempering/
- Allow them, to spluttered
- Now, add green chilies and garlic one by one
- Wait for few minutes, until they turn slightly golden brown
- Now, add the bottle guard piece and add all dry spices (red chili powder, turmeric and coriander powder) and salt.
- Cover the lid after mixing all things together properly.
- Stir in between, and check the tenderness of veggie
- Usually it takes 15-20 minutes to get it cooked properly. When it gets cooks properly, take it down from the heat.
- And garnish with green coriander leaves.
- Serve this with green roti. Your healthy and tasty, dinner (or lunch) is ready to eat.
I hope you like this recipe. Please share your thoughts in the comment box!
It is all for now, stay tuned, for the next exciting and healthy recipe.
If you had missed previous posts of this series, click here
read the first post ( if you had missed) Amaranth Paratha
Read the second post Barnyard millet khichdi
Read third post Chickpea salad with carrot soup
Read fourth post Dal Dhokli
Read fifth post Energy Buddha Bowl
Read sixth post Fenugreek (Methi) Thepla
If you like my content, then please follow me on
And subscribe to