Hi all! Welcome back to #BlogchatterA2Z and I am really excited to share another post for “Healthy eating for busy moms” series. Today, I will share another healthy, tasty and exciting recipe and hoping you would like it.
Nowadays, “brunch” is the latest craze among people. Specially during weekends or with over busy schedule, most of families prefer “Brunch”, instead of having two meals breakfast and lunch. In simple words. “Brunch” is a good option for saving cooking time and spend more quality time with your friends and family.
So, in this post I am sharing an easy brunch recipe that is full with amazing healthy ingredients. And most interestingly, it could be used as a breakfast and after school snake too. you can serve this with any healthy soup or vegetable juice to make a perfect healthy meal, for you and your family.
So, now no more delay, let’s get start with the recipe. The name of recipe is.
“Moong ( green bean)sandwich with tomato soup”
- Green bean ( sabut moong) – soked overnight and then boiled- 2 cup
- Potato (boiled)- 1 cup
- Finely chopped onion- 3-4 teaspoon or as per your taste
- Brown bread- 4 slices
- Chat masala- 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder, salt- as per your taste
- Garam masala or pav bhaji masala- 1 teaspoon
- Green chutney- as needed
- Butter- as needed
- Start with pre-preparation, soak the green moong in night in a bowl by adding enough water.
- Also, boil the potato properly till they turn soft and tender (you can do this step-in advance too)
- Now, boil the moong for 15-20 minutes (or till they become soft and tender)
- Next step, take a bowl and add boiled moong and boiled potato and mixed both things properly.
- Now, starting mixing other ingredients one by one. First add finely chopped onion and then add spices chat masala, pav bhaji masala, salt, red chili powder and lemon juice. Mixed all ingredients and make a uniform mixture.
- Then, take brown or white bread and spread butter on the opposite side.
- Another side, spread green chutney properly.
- Now, take a spoon and spread moong and potato mixture evenly on one bread and cover with another bread.
- Grilled the sandwich in routine griller or on tawa. Apply little butter or ghee on tawa and put sandwich, grilled it from both sides, till it turns golden brown from both sides.
- Serve this with tomato or any other soup of your choice and serve hot.
- Your exciting brunch (or dinner) is ready to enjoy.
- Along with green chutney, you may use sweet tomato ketch up as spread (if you are making this for kids)
Yesterday, I had made this and angel has liked it so much.
Green chutney recipe
- Green coriander leaves- 1 bunch
- Garlic 1-2 cloves
- Green chilly 2-3
- Cumin seed 1 teaspoon
- Salt as per taste
- Lemon juice 1 teaspoon
- Wash the coriander leaves properly and cut them in fine pieces.
- Mixed all the things in grinder one by one. Add a little water and grind it.
- Your tasty green chutney is ready.
- Tomato (fresh) 4-5
- Galic cloves 1-2
- Bay leaf 1-2
- Onion finely chopped ½
- Salt, sugar and black paper powder- as per taste
- Ghee or butter as needed
- corn flour 1-2 tbsp
- Bread crouton as needed
- First add little ghee or butter in a pressure cooker and when it gets hot, add bay leaf. After few minutes discard the bay leaf.
- Now, add finely chopped onion and garlic paste.
- Stir it properly and when it turns down transparent, add tomato
- Add enough water and close the lid.
- Take 2-3 whistle. It usually takes 10-15 minutes to get tomato cooked.
- Now, take out these tomatoes in a grinder, add little water and grind it.
- Sieve this mixture with a help of sieve by adding little water at a time
- Heat again the prepare soup on medium heat.
- Take half cup warm water and mixed corn flour properly.
- Add corn flour paste to tomato soup.
- Mixed it properly. Now, add sugar, salt and black paper power as per your taste.
- Allow this to boil for few minutes, after few minutes, take out this from gas.
- Your yummy and healthy tomato soup is ready to enjoy. Garnish this with cream and bread croutons.
So, this is all for now.
Stay tuned to learn more easy and healthy recipes.
If you had missed previous posts of this series, click here.
read the first post ( if you had missed) Amaranth Paratha
Read the second post Barnyard millet khichdi
Read third post Chickpea salad with carrot soup
Read fourth post Dal Dhokli
Read fifth post Energy Buddha Bowl
Read sixth post Fenugreek (Methi) Thepla
Seventh post Green (Spinach) chapati with bottle gourd curry
Read 8th post Handvo
Read 9th post Idli with a healthy twist
Read the 10th post Jaggery paratha
Read 11 post Khichdi with multigrain nutrition
read 12th post Leftover laziz paratha
If you like my content, then please follow me on
And subscribe to