welcome back. And I am hoping you all are having a good time while learning healthy recipes with “healthy eating for busy moms” series.
It is the day 3 of #BlogchatterA2Z and as I am sharing another healthy and refreshing recipe. This recipe could be served with any healthy soup and can be used as a perfect healthy option for lunch and dinner.
The name of recipe is “Chickpea salad with carrot soup”
First let’s begin with the nutritional composition of Chick pea.
Nutritional Composition of Chick pea
(for 100 grams of chick pea)
- Energy 378 Kcal
- Carbohydrate 62. 95 grams
- Sugar 10.7 gram
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 gram
- Fat 6.4 gram
- Protein 20.47 gram
- Water 60.21 gm
Health benefits of Chick peas
- Chickpea is a good source of nutrition and contain good amount of protein, fiber, Mineras and vitamins.
- Because of higher amount of fiber, it helps in controlling appetite and considered as a good option for people who wants to lose weight.
- Great source of plant-based protein. And a great choice for vegetarian people for getting a good amount of protein in their diet. (1 ounce of chick pea contain 3 gram of protein)
- Chick pea has a lower GI index, so a good food option for Diabetic people.
So, let’s get started. First with the salad.
- Chickpea 2 cup (soaked them overnight and then pressure cook properly like we do for other routine recipes)
- Finely chopped tomato, cucumber, onion, and other seasonal vegetables of your choice -2cup
- Seasonal greens (spinach, or kale) few leaves
- For the dressing, olive oil – 1 cup or as needed
- Black paper powder, alt as per your taste
- Lemon juice 1 teaspoon
- Garlic crushed 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Chili flakes 1 teaspoon or as per your taste
- Any nut of your choice (peanut,) few pieces (optional)
- This one is an easy three step recipe and you just need to assemble all things properly.
- Take a large bowl, and first add boiled chick peas after draining all water properly.
- Now, add cut vegetables one by one and mixed all things properly.
- Add chili flakes and salt.
- Next, prepare the dressing, by mixing olive oil, spices, lemon juice and crushed garlic. You can add spices as per your taste and preference.
- Add this dressing to salad mix, add nuts of your choice after little roasting.
- Toast all these things properly.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Keep in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve chilled. Your tasty and healthy chickpea salad is ready to eat.
As I had mentioned before, you can serve this with any healthy soup for making a complete meal. Here, I am sharing carrot soup recipe. hoping you liked it.
Nutritional Composition of the carrot
Raw carrot contain water 88%, 9% carbohydrate, 0.9% protein, 2.8% dietary fiber, and 0.2% fat.
Carrot is a rich sorce of beta keratin that promotes good vision and essential for proper growth and immune function.
Now, let’s begin with the recipe.
- Fresh carrot 5-6
- Potato medium size 1
- Tomato medium size 1
- Finely chopped onion 1-2 cup
- Crushed garlic-ginger paste 1 teaspoon
- Whole dry spices (cinnamon stick 1, cloves 2-3) optional
- Salt, black paper powder as per taste
- Ghee or oil 1 teaspoon
- First turn on the gas and put the pressure cooker and add little ghee or oil.
- After heating add whole spices (this step is optional but you can add this for getting a strong flavor and aroma)
- Now, add onion and sauté for few minutes.
- Then, add crushed garlic, ginger and sauté for few minutes.
- Now, add potato and stir it for the few minutes.
- Then, add tomato, (again this is optional) and mixed all these properly.
- Next step, add diced carrot and sauté for few minutes.
- Add water and close the lid of pressure cooker.
- Take 3-4 whistle or until this gets cooked properly.
- Mashed the mixture with blender or in mixcy.
- Now, strain the soup with a strainer.
- Put the strained soup again on stove top and add salt, sugar and black paper powder for seasoning.
- Boil it for the few minute.
- And serve hot with the bread croutons.
- Serve with prepare chick pea salad and your light refreshing meal is ready to eat.
- This recipe could be used as a great option as an appetizer too.
So, this is all for today.
Hope you had liked this recipe.
Stay tuned for the next one!
If you had missed previous posts of this series, click here.
read the first post ( if you had missed) Amaranth Paratha
Read the second post Barnyard millet khichdi
Third post Chickpea salad with carrot soup
If you like my content, then please follow me on
And subscribe to