It is day 6 of #BlogchatterA2Z
Now, as “F”. I am sharing an exciting Gujrati recipe that is healthy, tasty and quick.
I had been stayed in Gujrat for more than 3 years. (my in laws belongs to Gujrat) and I had learnt a lot about Gujrati culture, and cuisine after marriage.
Gujrati cuisine has lots of varieties and there are plenty of food options are available for lunch, dinner and snacking.
In this series, I will share many Gujrati dishes (of course, with a healthy twist)
in this post, I am sharing one of the most famous Gujrati recipes called “fenugreek thepla”. Hoping you will like it. Read on the post to know more!
What is Fenugreek Thepla?
Fenugreek Thepla is an authentic Gujrati dish that is usually made with multigrain flour and fenugreek leaves. It is a good option for breakfast and evening snacks and also considered as a great travel food option too.
The main ingredient of this recipe is Methi or Fenugreek. So, let’s first start with the health benefits of Fenugreek.
Health Benefits of Fenugreek
Fenugreek or methi is extremely beneficial for our digestion and joint health. Here is the summary of health benefits of Fenugreek or Methi.
- Fenugreek leaves a bunch of
- Wheat flour (coarse) 1 cup
- Bajri or barley flour ½ cup
- Besan or gram flour 3-4 teaspoon
- Green chili, ginger, garlic paste 3-4 teaspoon
- Curd ¼ cup
- Sesame seed 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seed 1 teaspoon
- Salt as per taste
- Oil as needed
- Dry spices (red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder) as per your taste
- First prepare the fenugreek leaves. Wash them properly and cut them finely, drain all the water and keep them aside.
- Now, take a big bowl and start mixing all flours one by one.
- Then, add fenugreek leaves.
- Mixed it properly.
- Now, mixed all dry spices and green chili-ginger paste and curd
- Add salt
- Now, add 1-2 teaspoon oil for softening.
- Then. Add little water slowly and prepare the dough. Make sure, to add little water, otherwise dough make become so soft.
- After preparing dough, cover it with a lid and keep it aside or 10-15 minutes.
- Now, heat the tawa and make the small portion from this dough.
- Roll the thepla with the help of rolling pins.
- Make sure, do it softly, and make medium size thepla only.
- Now, roast it on tawa from both sides. Apply oil while doing it.
- When it turns golden brown from both sides. Take it down from gas and serve with pickle, curd or chutney.
- You can change the portion of flours as per your choice and can make it gluten free too.
- Thepla is an excellent food option for travelling. Watch this video to know how to make Methi Thepla for Travel.
- If you are having a busy schedule and want to quickly finish your cooking schedule, thepla is an excellent option for lunch and dinner. You can freeze it as well by making this in advance.
So, this is all for now.
Hope you had liked this post.
Stay tuned for the next post to learn another healthy and exciting recipe for busy moms.
If you had missed previous posts of this series, click here
read the first post ( if you had missed) Amaranth Paratha
Read the second post Barnyard millet khichdi
Read third post Chickpea salad with carrot soup
Read fourth post Dal Dhokli
Read fifth post Energy Buddha Bowl