Though I am not a much make up person but my girls loved make up and always had a long list pf make up supplies to buy. Lip balm, lipstick, kajal and so on…they often asked me to do make up activities.
So this time I had decided to let’s do some DIY make up activities. As soon as when I had said them about it, they got so excited and we had decided to do first a DIY lip balm making.
Lip balm is an essential make up supply (or toiletries) that help us prevent chopped and cracked lips. Regular application of lip balm provides proper moisterisation to your lips and prevents routine problems.
Though there are various options are available to buy readymade lip balm in market, but there are few awesome benefits to do this activity at home.
- Readymade lip balm may contain some unknown and harmful chemicals and may cause allergic reaction to your lips and surrounding skin. By using DIY lip balm we can control use of ingredients and lessen the chances of allergic reactions or other skin problems.
- Of course, it will be less expensive than market buy lip balms.
- When you learnt the proper way of making it, you can try different shades to create wide varieties of awesome lip balms.
- It is a great fun activity and I am sure kids especially girls would love to it at home.
- You can create a small online or shop business after learning these easy DIY methods.
There are different ways that can be used to make a lip balm at home. Here I am sharing two easiest ways that even smaller kids can enjoy this activity.
DIY Lip balm making
- Vaseline (petroleum jelly)
- Used lipstick, or food colour
- Take out 2-3 teaspoon of petroleum jelly in a bowl and put this on double boiler
- Make it warm and mixed slowly but continuously by using a spatula
- Make sure the mixture becomes smooth and lump free
- Now, add 1 teaspoon of coconut or almond oil in it and again mixed it properly
- Add food colour or fragments of lipstick or eye shadow in it and mixed it again nicely
- You can be creative and choose another natural ways to give a nice colour to mixture
- Take out the mixture in to clean container or old lip balm tube
- Put this in refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Your beautiful lip balm is ready to use.
For second method, we had decided to keep it completely natural and planned to use only natural ingredients for making a completely natural lip balm at home. To keep it simple, I had decided to use only 2 simple ingredients available at home.
- Juice of beetroot
- Take out ghee ( 3-4 spoon) and warm it on double boiler slowly
- When it gets warms, add 1 teaspoon of beetroot juice in it.
- Mixed both thing properly
- Take out mixture in a clean container or old lip balm tube and put this in refrigerator
- After 30 minutes your natural lip balm is ready to use.
Due to some technical problem I was not able to upload the video, will edit it soon! Sorry about it.
We had a great time and great fun while doing this awesome DIY activity, please try it at home and let us know what your experience was?
This post is a part of #BlogchatterA2Z, hosted by Blogchatter.