I am back with another backing recipe post.
After a good success of Double chocolate chips cookies recipe, we have made chocolate cupcakes.
After trying multiple recipes, we have found an ultimate recipe that works best and gives perfect texture and delicious taste.
So, with this post, I am sharing this kids approved chocolate cupcake recipe.
Read on to know more.
Chocolate cup cake: A yummy dessert for you and your family!
- White flour 1 cup
- Sugar ¾ cup
- Coco powder 1/3 cup
- Baking soda ¼ TSP
- Salt ¼ TSP
- Egg 1
- Olive oil 1/3 cup
- Buttermilk ½ cup
- Venila essence 1 TSP
- Coffee (prepare it as we do in routine way without adding milk): ½ cup
- Chocolate chips: as per your taste (handful will be enough)
- Sprinkles: as per your choice
- Butter, sugar for icing (optional)
- Tools: Bowls, Seiver, measuring spoon, cupcakes baking tray, whisker, cupcake liner, cooking spray, toothpicks (optional)
- Before start baking, take the cupcakes baking tray and add liner to it. Spray the liner with cooking oil spray or with other oil. This thing helps in taking out the cupcakes easily from liner.
- Next start pre-heating the oven on 350 degrees F. Your oven will get heated properly, until you prepare the baking mixture for baking cupcakes.
Step by step baking process
- First start by mixing dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Take white flour (Maida), coco powder and sugar one by one and sieve it remove any impurities.
- Next, add salt and baking powder and add them to mixture of other dry ingredients. Mixed all things properly.
- Now, take another bowl and start mixing wet ingredients. First, take olive oil, then 1 egg and then pour the 1/3 cup of coffee. Next, add 1 tsp vanilla essence.
- Mixed all wet ingredients properly.
- Now, mixed wet ingredients with dry ingredients properly. Add chocolate chips, if you want.
- Now, pour the mixture in prepared cupcakes baking tray. Garnish with sprinkles of your choice.
- Bake for 15-20 minute in oven (for 350-degree F).
- Check by inserting toothpick. If nothing comes out in toothpick, it means your chocolate cupcake is ready to enjoy.
- If you want, you can add frosting to enhance its taste and look. Read this post to learn amazing frosting recipes for cupcakes.
Here are some pro tips to get excellent results.
- Sieve all the ingredients properly. As per my daughter s experience (who is the chief baker of this recipe) this step is must to make a smooth batter and give us good results in end as a perfect texture of cupcake.
- Avoid filling the cupcake liner up to full. Fill it up to 2/3. This thing gives ample space for cupcakes to get a perfect size.
- Use High quality ingredients. Especially the coco powder and fresh baking soda. This thing also helps in giving good results.
- Coffee and buttermilk are two secret ingredients of this recipe that make it super-hit. Initially, I was skeptical about the use of both ingredients but after trying many recipes, we found that these two ingredients give perfect texture and great taste and ultimate moistness to recipe.
Watch this video for step by step process:
Q. 1 How to store these cupcakes?
A. 1 First, cool down the cupcakes on room temperature. Then store them in an air tight container. For first 2-3 days, you can keep them outside on room temperature but for using more than this, store them in freeze for best results.
Q. 2 Can I freeze the cupcake batter for future use?
A. 2 Though, I did not have any firsthand experience of freezing the batter but expert says, you can freeze it and then use it for future use.
Q. 3 Can I skip coffee for making this recipe?
A.3 I would say coffee is one of essential ingredients of this recipe. If you are following this recipe, then do not skip it. If you are allergic to coffee or want to make decaffeinated version, then try another recipe.
So, this is all for now.
Stay tuned for more interesting and informative lifestyle content.