I am back with another interesting baking recipe. At my place, my little one is fond of baking recipes. This summer vacation, she is learning and making many new baking recipes. Few days ago, she has asked me to bake “Double chocolate chip cookies”.
Honestly, I did not have much idea about the recipe but as per her request, we did some research and watched few YouTube videos and learnt an easy double chocolate chip cookies recipe.
Luckily, the recipe turned out really well. It was great in taste and had perfect texture too. So, I had thought to share this easy and tasty recipe with you all.
Read the post to know more about Double chocolate chips cookie recipe.
Double chocolate chip cookies: A delicious treat for chocolate lovers!
Let’s start with the basic!
What is double chocolate chip cookies?
As the name suggested, this chocolate chip cookies are rich, tender, delicious and full with chocolatey flavor. The recipe is perfect indulgent option for chocolate lovers. These cookies taste best with a glass of milk. These cookies remain crispy in corner and soft and fudgy in the center. They are perfect option for satisfy your chocolate cravings.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Baking soda 1 TSP
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Chocolate chips ½ cup or as per taste
- 1/3 cup Unsalted butter, room temperature
- Egg 1 (1 large egg and 1 large egg yok)
- Venilla extract 1 TSP
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Hand mixer (optional)
- Baking tray
- Parchment paper
- First start pre-heat the oven at 350 degrees Celsius and line the baking tray with the parchment paper.
- Next take a bowl and mixed dry ingredients one by one. Take one cup pre sifted white flour or swift the white flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt by using a sieve. Mixed all the dry ingredients properly. And set aside the dry ingredients bowl for using later.
- Next take another bowl and start mixing wet ingredients one by one. First take 1 stick or 1/3 cup unsalted butter. If you forget to take out butter from freeze beforehand, you can melt the butter in microwave for 10-20 seconds but make sure it did not get too warm and liquid.
- Now, take ½ cup brown sugar and ½ cup white suage and mixed thoroughly by using a whisker both things (melted butter and sugar) together.
- Next, take one large egg and one large egg yok and mixed the eggs with butter and sugar mixture.
- As next step, take 1 TSP vanilla extract and mixed it to above mixture.
- Now, mixed all wet ingredients properly by using whisk. For this step, you can use hand mixer too. Make sure to prepare a smooth mixture of wet ingredients by using all ingredients properly.
- Now, start mixing dry ingredients with wet ingredients gently with a spatula.
- At the end, add 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips and mixed to prepare mixture. fold everything with a soft hand.
- Prepare a semi-solid dough. Avoid over-mixing the dough, otherwise cookies will become harder.
- Next, take small balls from dough one-by-one and make medium size cookies. If you want you can use an ice cream or cookies scooper for giving a perfect shape to cookies.
- Do not forget to add few chocolate chips at the top of each of cookie before baking. Add chocolate chips on top give these cookies a perfect look. Press slightly each cookie before baking. This step help in over spreading of cookies.
- Bake them at 350-degree ferehnite for 10-12 minutes.
- Check them by inserting a toothpick before taking out from oven.
- Allow them cool for 10 minutes. And then your soft, fudgy, double chocolate chip cookies are ready to enjoy.
Q. 1 What is difference between routine chocolate chip cookies and double chocolate chip cookies?
A. 1 double chocolate chip cookies contain double amount of chocolate than routine chocolate chip recipe. In this recipe, we use plenty amount of chocolate chips and cocoa powder which make these cookies fudgy, chocolaty and delicious.
Q. 2 Why my cookies get harder?
A.2 if you mixed cookie dough for more than required time, then it promotes more gluten formation and make your cookies harder.
Q. 3 How long these cookies last and how should I store it?
A.3 You can store these cookies in an air-tight container. And they remain good for 3-5 days.
Q. 4 What is the secret to make good quality, soft double chocolate chip recipe?
A.4 Just like all other baking recipes, you need to follow a precise measurement. Also, using high quality ingredients (cocoa powder, chocolate chips etc.) give the great end result.
Q. 5 Do I need to use both white sugar and brown sugar both, for making these cookies?
A.5 Honestly, I had made this recipe by using only coconut sugar too, to create a healthier version. And it turned out well. However, baking expert suggested, you should use white sugar and brown sugar both. Using both sugar give a perfect texture and proper sweetness to cookies.
Q. 6 Is it necessary to use only chocolate chips in this recipe?
A. 6 No, you can also use your favorite chocolate bar in this recipe. Just, make the small chunks of your chocolate bar and use them instead of chocolate chips, it gives same end result. You can use semi-sweet milk chocolate chips or white chocolate too, in this recipe.
Watch this video to learn step-by-step instructions:
So, this is all for now.
Have you tried this recipe before? What was your experience? Please share with me!