Few months ago, I had participated in #WSWbloghop, hosted by my dear friends Urvashi and Aakansha. Along with regular writing and reading activity, this blog hop had an amazing addition of “Masterclass” on different subjects and themes.
Luckily, I had also taken one of these masterclasses. My theme for masterclass was “Three easy salad recipes for weight loss”. In this masterclass, I had shared some important tips for making salad as a “Complete meal” and along with this, I had also shared three easy salad recipes for weight loss.
Conducting this masterclass was a good experience for me, and I had a great time while creating and sharing content around this theme.
Since, many days I was thinking to share those easy and healthy salad recipes with my blog readers but somehow, it did not happen, but this week, I had done that. Sharing three easy and healthy salad recipes for weight loss in this post. Read the post to know more!
Nowadays, Salads has been considered as a best main meal option (lunch and dinner), if you want to lose weight or just want to eat a light-healthy diet for keeping yourself fit and healthy.
Making salads as “Main meal” recipe requires some modifications in routine salad recipes. With some smart changes, you can make various versions of interesting salad recipes as “main meal.”
Here are some easy tips to make salad as “complete meal”.
Tips to make salad as “Complete meal”
Here are 5 main ingredients that you should use in any salad recipe for making it a wholesome meal.
- Take any greens (spring green mix, spinach, lettuce etc.) as a base. Greens are high in nutrition, and excellent way to increase volume of your salad. They also help in keeping you full for longer period.
- Next add colors (take varieties of colorful fruits and vegetables of your choice) as second main ingredients. be creative and try different options. Use seasonal fruits and vegetable. adding varieties of colorful fruits and vegetables make your salad vibrant, visually appealing, and nutritious.
- Now add substance to your salad. you can either use any good source of protein or complex carbohydrate to make salad a “complete meal.” for adding protein, you can use low fat paneer, tofu, beans or sprouts of your choice (moong, chana or Rajma). And for adding complex carbohydrate, you can use broken wheat (Dalia), quinoa or even brown rice.
- Add small amount of healthy fat as next important ingredient. You can use avocado, seeds (pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds etc.) and nuts like walnut and almonds. Keep remember, use only small amount of fat substances.
- Last add flavors. Healthy dressings and herbs are best option to add flavor to your salad. Avoid adding oily and sugar-based dressings. Try simple and healthy options like lemon juice dressings with salt and black paper. For adding herbs, you can try various options (basil, dill, rosemary) as per your taste and preference.
So, these five are essential ingredients to make an amazingly healthy salad. You can be creative and can create distinct options of healthy and tasty salads.
In this post, I am sharing my three favorite salad recipes.
Three easy and healthy salad recipes for weight loss!
Marinated soya chunk salad
Honestly, soya chunk has never been my favorite. I did not like the texture and taste of soya chunks, before making this salad recipe. This recipe is an easy way to add soya (protein) in your diet. In this recipe, we will enhance the taste of soya chunks by marination process.
- Soya chunk (1 cup)
- Curd 1 cup or as needed
- Spices (salt, black paper, roasted cumin powder, chat masala)
- Mixed vegetables of your choice (tomato, onion, cucumber, carrot etc.)
- First take soya chunks and boil it for 5 minutes by adding little salt in water.
- After 5 minutes, take out this in a Stainer and wash it with clean water.
- Next cut them in small pieces.
- As an alternative option, you can use mini soya chunk. (There is no need to cut mini soya chunk, as they are already small)
- Now, take curd and mixed soya chunks with curd. Add all the spices (salt, black paper powder, roasted cumin powder and chat masala) and mixed both things properly. You can add other spices (like red chili powder) as per your taste preference.
- Next, put this bowl in refrigerator for 30 minutes (for marination).
- After 30 minutes, take out this marinated soya chunks in a large bowl.
- Now, mixed all finely chopped vegetables (like tomato, cucumber, onion etc.) of your choice one by one.
- Add some extra seasoning (salt and black paper) for vegetables. Mixed all things well.
- Your tasty and protein rich marinated soya chunk salad is ready to enjoy.
Mexican bean salad
Second recipe is inspired by Mexican cuisine. It is again a protein rich salad. And you can make changes (use of bean) as per your taste, preference, and availability. For this salad, we will make a hot and spicy dressing to enhance the taste of beans.
- Beans (rajma, chickpea, white bean) 1-2 cup
- Corn 1 cup
- Green (spring mix or lettuce)
- Capsicum (red, green, and yellow) 1 cup finely chopped
- Spring onion ½ cup
For making dressing, you will need
- Olive oil 2 TBSP or less
- Lemon juice 1-2 TBSP
- Crushed garlic
- Finely chopped coriander leaves
- Salt, black paper powder, roasted cumin powder (as per your taste)
Method for making dressing
First take olive oil in a cup or glass, then mixed all other ingredients (lemon juice, crushed garlic, finely chopped coriander leaves) one by one. Lastly, add spices (salt, black paper powder, roasted cumin powder). Mixed all things again. Your hot and spicy dressing for Mexican salad is ready.
- First take greens of your choice in a bowl
- Next, add beans of your choice. You can use only one type of bean or can try combination of two or three beans. If you want you can use tin pack beans or can soak beans overnight and pressure cook it for 4-5 whistle. If you are using tin pack beans, make sure to wash it properly.
- Next add corns.
- Now, take finely chopped capsicum (red, green, yellow). (If you want you can stir fry capsicum for few minutes before adding in salad)
- Next, mixed prepare dressings to bean and vegetable mixture.
- Toss everything well. Your tasty and healthy Mexican bean salad is ready to enjoy.
Mixed sprouts salad
Third one is easiest recipe. It tastes so good and super healthy too.
- Mixed sprouts of your choice (moong, chana, moth)
- Mixed vegetables of your choice (cucumber, radish, tomato, peas etc.)
- Chat masala
- Black paper
- Lemon juice 1-2 tsp
- Take mixed sprouts of your choice in large bowl. Now, mixed this with finely chopped veggies of your choice.
- Add seasoning (salt, paper, chat masala)
- Next, add lemon juice.
- Mixed everything well. Your tasty and healthy mixed sprouts salad is ready to enjoy.
So, these were some easy salad recipes. Which one is your favorite? Please share.
One quick update: next week, my third e book, “A2Z of common diseases and their homeopathic treatment” is getting launched in association with blogchatterebook carnival. stay tuned for more updates.