Welcome back to #NaturalDIY series, and I am so excited to share another natural DIY with this post.
In this post, I am talking about “Natural skin care”. I always feel amazed with the fact that our kitchen is not only a place for cooking and feeding our family but it is a center of natural therapeutics too. With little efforts, we can make various natural DIYs for good health and wellness. In fact, we can make our own natural DIY skin products too, with routine kitchen ingredients.
There are different aspects of proper skin care such as cleansing, toning, exfoliating and moisturizing, but with busy life style, we all want something quick and easy solution to get refreshed and rejuvenated skin in less time.
Applying face masks or face packs are one of the easy and doable option for easy skin care at home.
Benefits of using face mask
Using face mask (at least once in a week) has its own sets of great benefits. Such as:
- It helps in deep cleaning of skin. And removes dirt that clogged in the pores, and give a refreshing feeling afterwards.
- Give natural glow to skin and improve the skin tone.
- Great way to enjoy some quality “Me time” and helps in relax your mind and stressed facial muscles.
- Provide proper hydration to skin
- Promote the oxygenated blood circulation to skin and make it soft, supple and radiant.
So, in this post I am sharing 5 amazing homemade natural face masks that will help you in doing good skin care at home. Read the post to know more.
5 amazing homemade face masks for easy skin care at home
Red lentil (masoor dal) skin whitening face mask
This one is my personal favorite face mask. I loved this one because it solves dual purpose. One side, it works as a natural bleaching agent and give an instant whitening and refreshing look to your skin, another side, it can also be used as a natural scrubbing agent. It provides deep cleaning to your skin and helps in exfoliation too.
- Red lentil (masoor dal) 2-4 TBSP
- Milk as needed
- Coconut oil (few drops) optional
- You can make this face mask with two methods. First, soak the red lentil in enough water for overnight. In morning, grind this as semisolid paste, by adding little water. Now add milk and make a smooth paste. You may add few drops of coconut oil (if you have dry skin). You red lentil face mask is ready to use.
- As another method, you can make a powder of red lentil by grinding this in grinder. Store this powder in an air tight container. When you want to use it, mixed 2-4 TBSP of red lentil powder with milk. Make a smooth paste and apply this all over face and neck. Wait for 15-20 minutes. When it dry, wash it with cool water.
- Use this pack at least twice in a week. You will get a natural whitening effect and soft, supple skin with regular use.
Fruit face mask
This one is another easy to make face mask that gives excellent result as glowing and refreshing skin. Though there are varieties of fruits (and even vegetables) that can be used for making fruit face masks. But banana and papaya are my personal favorite.
Both these fruits contain essential nutrients and provide excellent nourishment to our skin.
- Mashed Banana or papaya ½ cup
- Rose water 2 TBSP or as needed
- Honey 1 TSP (optional)
- First take one ripe banana or chunk of papaya in a bowl and mashed it properly. Add 2 TBSP rose water and again mixed everything properly. You can also add honey, if you have dry skin. Make a uniform paste, and your fruit face pack is ready to use.
- Apply this all over the face and neck. Leave it for 15-20 minutes. After 15-20 minutes, wash the face with cool water. You will get a soft-supple and smooth texture skin. Use this pack at least twice in a week for getting long term benefits.
Gram flour (Besan) face mask
This one is most well-known grandma’s secret recipe for getting glowing and healthy skin. I remember, my mother used to call this face mask as “Ubtan” and applying this pack weekly was a part of my “self-care routine” during my teenage days. It is easy to make and you can do little variations according to your skin type.
- Gram flour ( besan) 2-4 TBSP
- Turmeric pinch
- Milk or rose water as needed
- Lemon juice (few drops) or honey 1 tsp (optional)
- Take a bowl and mixed gram flour with milk or rose water. add pinch of turmeric. you can add few drops of lemon juice, if you have oily skin and may add honey, if you have dry skin. Mixed all thing properly and make a smooth paste. your gram flour face mask is ready to use.
- Apply this face pack evenly on face and neck. Leave it for 15-20 minutes. when it gets dry, wash the face with cool water. you will get a refreshed and soft skin.
- Use regularly for at least twice in a week for seeing more visible results. Avoid using it, if you have severe dry skin issues, as this face mask may worse your dry skin condition.
Almond face mask (bridal or special occasion special)
This one is considered as a “Bridal special” face mask in my region. Girls usually advised to use this face mask as a part of their special “self-care routine” for getting great skin for their big day.
Almond is highly nutritious substance that contain great amount of nutrients and protein. Almond is also rich in anti-oxidants and helps in keeping your skin hydrated and nourished.
- Soaked almonds or almond powder 1-2 TBSP
- Milk as needed
- Pinch of turmeric
- Few drops of jasmine oil
- Soaked almond overnight by adding enough water or milk. Grind this in morning by adding required milk. As an alternative method, you can use almond powder too. Take a bowl and mixed almond powder with needed milk. Add pinch of turmeric and few drops of jasmine oil. Make a proper paste by mixing all ingredients. Your almond face pack is ready to use.
- Apply this face pack evenly on face and next. Leave it for 15-20 minutes. When it gets dry, Wash the face with cool water. You will get smooth, soft and radiant skin after use.
- Apart from special occasions, this pack is also a great option for good skin care during winter. It provides excellent nourishment and great glow with regular use.
Fuller’s earth (Multani mitti) face mask
Last but not the least, fuller’s earth or multani mitti face pack, also known as “Clay face mask”. This one is an excellent option for summer skin care. Fuller’s earth works great in reducing excessive oil secretion and works great as a deep cleanser too. If you have an oily skin, then this face mask should be a part of your routine skin care regime.
- Fuller’s earth 2-4 TBSP
- Rose water
- 1 TSP sandalwood powder (optional)
- Take fuller’s earth (2-4 TBSP) is a bowl. add 1 tsp sandalwood powder. Now, mixed this with required amount of rose water to make a smooth paste. Your clay face mask is ready to use.
- Apply this face mask evenly on face and neck and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Wash the face with cool water. With regular use, you will get even skin texture and soft-supple skin.
- If you have dry skin, then apply moisturizer immediately after washing the face.
So, these were some easy DIY homemade face packs for good skin care at home. Which one is your favorite? Please share with me.
This is all for now.
Stay tuned for next post.
If you had missed previous posts of this series, click here
This post is also a part of blog train #LetsBlogWithPri season 2 hosted by Prisha from mummasaurus.com