Welcome back to “Naturedly” series, this is the second post of series, and I am excited to share another Natural DIY remedies.
In today’s post, I am going to talk about “Apple cider vinegar”. What is it? What are some health benefits? And also sharing some easy DIY remedies with Apple cider vinegar? Read the post to know more!
What is “Apple Cider Vinegar”?
I am sure you had already heard the health benefits and versatile uses of apple cider vinegar. Since last few years, it had been a latest craze in health and fitness industry. It helps in weight loss process and also used for various other purposes too, such as a cleaning agent, skin healing agent, as a preservative and as a hair conditioner too.
( The picture, I had shared is a brand from costco that we had bought for personal use. it is not a sponsored post for this brand)
How apple cider vinegar made?
Apple cider vinegar is made by a fermentation process. In this process, first apple is crushed which creates a liquid that is mixed with yeast to start the process of alcoholic fermentation. After few other important steps , a final end product acetic acid is formed, that is the main ingredient of apple cider vinegar.
Also, during fermentation process, a byproduct is formed that is called “Mother of vinegar”. This is rich in nutrients, and useful enzymes, and offer great benefits for health.
Some of manufactures discard this “Mother part” while manufacturing. And that is not a good thing. While buying, you should keep this thing in mind, and should select “Raw, unfiltered, organic apple cider vinegar that contain mother part too”.
Benefits of apple cider vinegar
Though, there is lack of scientific evidences about health benefits of apple cider vinegar. But it has been observed that apple cider vinegar offers various health benefits, such as:
- It is rich in nutrients, minerals and vitamins, so helps in boosting immunity, energy level and improves overall health and wellness.
- Useful in weight loss process, as after drinking this, you get a feeling of satiety for long time, thus it helps in controlling appetite and work great in weight loss process.
- Good for diabetic people too. It has been observed that it helps in controlling blood sugar level.
- It has excellent anti-bacterial and anti-oxidant properties. These properties make apple cider vinegar a good option for skin care.
- Great for hair care too. Regular use of apple cider vinegar (as rinse) work wonder for your hair. It makes your hair shiny and strong. And can be used a natural conditioner too.
DIY Remedies with apple cider vinegar
There are various ways to use apple cider vinegar for getting amazing benefits. Here I am sharing 4 amazing DIY remedies that is easy to make and offer great benefits
Apple cider vinegar as a morning drink
This one is one of the easy and commonly used method to consume apple cider vinegar. Here is easy way to use it.
- Apple cider vinegar 1-2 teaspoon
- Filtered water 1 large glass
- Take one glass filtered water and mixed 1-2 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, mixed it properly and consume this as a first thing in the morning. if you want, you can mix 1 teaspoon of honey in this drink.
This drink offers great benefits for your health. It helps in reducing weight, keep your digestion good, control allergic symptoms and give you a good boost of energy. I had used this personally (few years ago) regularly for more than 6 months as a morning drink and it has helped me a lot in controlling my nasal allergic symptoms.
Apple cider vinegar as a Natural astringent
Apple cider vinegar is acidic in nature and this quality helps in maintain the good level of PH of skin. Other routine soaps usually contain strong base material and chemicals as main ingredients, that may make your skin irritated.
Adding apple cider vinegar to your routine skin care is easy and effective way to get the benefits. You can make an apple cider natural astringent or can add few drops of it in your routine clay face mask.
For making facial astringent , you will need:
- Apple cider vinegar
- Filtered water
- Spray water
- Take one part of water and add only few drops of apple cider vinegar. Your natural facial astringent is ready to use.
- This facial astringent has one drawback as this smell so strong and pungent. So, to reduce it, you can add 1-2 teaspoon of rose water in it. (this is my personal add on).
It has good anti-bacterial properties, thus helps in keeping skin healthy.
If you explore use of apple cider vinegar for skin all across the web, you will get plenty of DIY facial toner remedy with ACV which is made by mixing equal parts of water and ACV. I had tried that one for myself and found that it is extremely strong on the skin (I have a sensitive skin and that could be a reason). So, personally I did not like that toner option.
Next, I had tried to make a Natural astringent by mixing large part of water and few drops of ACV and it works good for me.
So, I will highly recommended to do a trial before start using any DIY remedy. Each one has a different kind of skin and body type. The things that suits others may cause severe allergic reaction to you.
Apple cider vinegar hair rinse
This one is my personal favorite DIY with apple cider vinegar. I had used this so many times and got excellent results. It is easy to make and offer great benefits for your hair health.
- Apple cider vinegar
- Hair spray bottle or a big cup
- First take apple cider vinegar and water in 1:8 ratio and mixed both things properly.
- Now, there is two ways to use this solution as a hair rinse. Either you can fill this in a hair spray bottle and spray this on your scalp and hair properly. Wear a cap and allow to soak this spray into your hair for at least 15-20 minutes. After 15-20 minutes, wash your hair with regular shampoo and apply conditioner if you want.
- As a second method, first wash your hair with shampoo properly. Then take mixture of apple cider vinegar and water in a cup and pour on your hair properly. Wait for few minutes and then rinse it with normal water.
This apple cider vinegar rinse works like a natural conditioner and give your hair a great shine and smooth texture. It also helps in keeping your scalp disease free as it has great anti-bacterial properties.
Apple cider vinegar household cleaner
This one is another amazing (and surprising) use of apple cider vinegar. We all used different chemical-based household cleaner at home for cleaning purpose. The overuse of chemical-based cleaning agents is not good for your household.
If you are someone, who want to use an alternative and natural option for household cleaner, you can use apple cider vinegar as a main cleaning agent. Though it did not work same as chemical based cleaner, but you can use it as an excellent alternative for reducing use of chemical-based cleaning agents for routine use. Here are some ways to use apple cider vinegar as cleaning agent.
- First take 1 part of apple cider vinegar and 9 part of water, mixed it properly. Filled this mixture in cleaning spray bottle. Your natural multi-purpose, homemade cleaning agent is ready to use.
- As another method, you can take ½ cup baking soda, ¼ cup vinegar and can add few drops of essential oil to make all-purpose cleaning scrub. Addition of baking soda make it stronger cleaning agent.
- In fact, you can use ½ cup of apple cider vinegar in your dishwashing cycle and laundry cycle. Addition of apple cider vinegar will work as a good ant-bacterial agent and work great for both purposes.
This apple cider vinegar household cleaner is a great way to reduce chemical-based cleaning agent. And it is multi-purpose too.
So, there were some easy DIY remedies with apple cider vinegar. Did you had tried anyone? Please share with me.
This article is for informational purpose only. it did not intend to cure or treat any disease condition. always consult your doctor before taking any home remedies or making any significant changes to your diet or existing medication.
This month, I had started two new series on the blog. One is “Natural Amazing DIYs” and second “Blogging tips and tricks that actually works”, so do not forget to check out posts from both series.
This post is also a part of blog train #LetsBlogWithPri season 2 hosted by Prisha from mummasaurus.com
For this blog train, I want to say a big thanks to Disha for introducing me. Read her amazing post about quick bite-veg momos recipe! As next, I want to introduce Hansa, please read her post to know more about makhana in post makhana a healthy snacking option