Excited to share first post for series #Delightfulrealfood.
The First recipe in the series is dedicated to all cute, wonderful kids of world who love “Pizza” so much.
I am sure like my both girls, “Pizza” is one of the most favorite food of most of the kids.
But when it comes to providing nutrition or inclusion of healthy ingredients, “Pizza” is not a best choice for sure.
My both girls love either Pappajohn or domino’s pizza so much and they used to eat it very often with their dad.
Of course, it gives them temporary taste bud satisfaction but as a health-conscious mommy, it was a big no-no for me.
So, I had decided to make their favorite recipe at home by using healthy ingredients and did a healthy makeover of “Traditional pizza recipe”.
This pizza recipe is way healthier than “Traditional pizza recipe”. In this recipe, we will use many healthy ingredients and will turn a “Not so healthy traditional pizza” into a healthy and tasty treat for our little munchkins.
My little one is a picky eater and she never accept any changes to her favorite recipes but you know, this time, she has liked this “healthy makeover” and approved this “healthy pizza recipe”.
Really excited to share it with you all. Hoping you (and specially your kids) will like it.
Healthy Pizza recipe
First, we will start with homemade pizza sauce.
Homemade pizza sauce
For making this you will need easy-available at home ingredients.
- Tomato 3-4 finely chopped
- Tomato puree (1 cup)
- Garlic clove 2-3
- Finely chopped onion ½ cup
- Tomato sauce 2-3 teaspoon
- Basil leaves or basil herb powder 1 TSP (optional)
- Salt, black paper, chili flakes, sugar as per your taste
- Olive oil 2-3 teaspoon
- First take olive oil in a pan and heat it for few minutes.
- Now, add finely chopped onion and sauté it for few minutes.
- Next, add finely chopped garlic cloves and also sauté this for few minutes.
- Now, add finely chopped tomato and cover the lid. And cook it for 4-5 minutes or until tomato turned tender.
- Next, add prepare tomato puree (blanch the tomato for 15-20 minutes, take out upper skin and the grind the tomato in fine paste)
- Now, add 2-3 TSP tomato sauce.
- Next add all the spices one by one. Salt, black paper, chili flakes, and sugar.
- Lastly add basil leaves or basil herb powder. Mixed all things properly and cook again for 2-3 minutes.
- Your tasty home-made pizza sauce is ready to use.
If you are in hurry and did not have time to prepare pizza sauce, you can use tomato sauce only in place of pizza sauce.
Now, let’s start with pizza recipe.
Homemade pizza recipe
- Oats (I had taken classic quaker Oats)- 1 cup
- Sooji or semolina – ½ cup
- Curd- 2-3 TSP
- Salt- as per taste
- For topping you will need,
- Low fat cheese ½ cup
- Onion (finely chopped)- ½ cup or as you like
- Finely chopped vegetables of your choice (tomato, colorful capsicum: red, green, yellow, olive)
- Cube of panner (small pieces)- ½ cup (optional)
- First, we will prepare a batter for making Pizza base. For making that, take oats in a bowl, and next mixed 2-3 TSP sooji in it. Add ½ tsp salt in it.
- Now, take curd and add it in the bowl.
- Next, add water little at a time and prepare a semi solid batter with it. Cover the lid and put this batter on rest for at least 15-20 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, heat the nonstick pan, and apply little olive oil or any oil on the base.
- Now, take your batter and spread it medium thick (like thick Dosa) and allow it to cook for few minutes.
- When one side turn little brown, turn it, and add little oil on front side. Now, take a fork and make some mark (like traditional pizza) to give base a good look. This step also helps in proper cooking of base.
- After few minutes, apply “homemade pizza sauce” generously on the base.
- Next, sprinkle some cheese. And then make layer of vegetables by adding finely chopped veggies and fine cube of panner (if you like). you can use any toppings as per choice of your kids and availability of ingredients at home.
- Now, add good amount of low-fat cheese., and again add few pieces of vegetables and cube of panner (if you like)
- Now, cover the lid and cook it for 2-4 minutes or wait until cheese get melt.
- Lastly add black paper powder, chili flakes and dried Oregon powder as seasoning.
- Serve hot.
Your tasty and healthy homemade pizza is ready to enjoy.
Please try this recipe at home and let me know your experience.