We love crafting as a family. Crafting is the easiest way to explore creativity and imagination power in kids and the good news is that “kids loved it”. Creating something on their own endows them with a self-confidence and positivity. Crafting has various benefits for kids, such as:
- It helps in the development of higher thinking ability and creativity
- Great boredom buster
- For pre-schooler, it helps in the development of fine motor skills
- Also, promote language development and constructive response to learning.
I always prefer a pre-planning and selection of craft theme during the weekend, for the upcoming week (especially during vacation). It is best to gather all craft supplies (preferably available at home) ahead for proper execution of the selected theme.
During this Christmas vacation, we had selected “cotton ball theme”. Cotton is a Soft, inexpensive and easily available material. Kids like its texture and lots of cute and adorable craft can be made of this simple material. Sharing our collection of “cotton ball crafts”:
Cotton ball ice-cream
Kids love ice-cream and kids love colours and cotton ball. It will be a great idea to incorporate their all favourite things together. They will have a kind of delicious fun, that wouldn’t ruin their dinner. So for making a cotton ball ice-cream,
- · First, take a plain paper and colour it with crayon or paint and make a cut out of ice cream cone
- · Glue cotton for scoop of ice cream
- · Put the drop of colours on cotton ball for natural look
- · You may use pom-pom for decoration. Yummy delicious ice-cream is ready to enjoy.
Cotton ball photo-frame
Make a unique DIY photo frame with the soft cotton ball is another simple but elegant idea to display the cherished photos of kids and family. My daughters love bunny, so I had thought why not makes a bunny cut out photo frame with cotton balls. For making it,
- · First, draw a bunny on a thick drawing sheet or on a card stack, and make a cut out of a bunny.
- · Then colour the cotton ball in different colours and glue them to the cutout and stick the desired photo in the middle, your super cool bunny photo frame with the cotton ball is ready for decoration. after completing the first photo frame we were so excited, so for a variation, we had tried another one with some shiny stickers and cotton ball.
Cotton ball sheep
My little D is very excited and loves to do a large part of crafting “by her selves”. So for her, we had selected “cotton ball sheep craft”. It is a perfect fun craft for young children because they will enjoy combining cotton balls with glue and adding googly eyes will be an extra fun. So for making this,
- · Make a sheep cut out from a thick white sheet.
- · Glue cotton balls on the body of sheep.
- · Glue the head, legs and tail separately.
- · Add googly eyes and draw nose and mouth. A beautiful sheep craft is ready.
Cotton ball Santa
Santa is a favourite of all kids. Kids love to wait for Santa and his kids. Making an easy Santa craft with a cotton ball is really fun and when they will see the end result, they will have hours of fun with this simplest craft. For making this,
- First, make a cut out of Santa from construction. Do not forget to use red construction paper as a hat.
- · Glue cotton balls on the face. Add googly eyes and draw nose and mouth.
- · An amazing Santa craft is ready.
Cotton ball flower
Cotton balls are absolutely awesome and make some pretty flowers with them is a wonderful idea. For making it,
- · Draw some pretty flowers on the drawing sheet.
- · Roll the cotton between palms so that they look like a thread.
- · Place and glue them spirally on the petal of flowers.
- · Apply colours and glitter for decoration.
- · Pretty cotton flowers are ready.