“Good health and good sense are two of life’s greatest blessings”- Publilius Syrus.
Very well said, it is true that good Health is the most precious gift of the god, and it is not just about the freedom from the disease condition, it is about an overall well-being of the person. With good health, we can make the full use of our life compared to those who live with various disease conditions.
According to the Who, “Health is a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity”. There is the number of reasons, why good health is so important. (And I know you all already know that it is just a quick reminder)
With good health:
- We can live longer
- We can enjoy our life to fullest
- Defenately we will look good and feel good.
- We will have better mood, increased energy and more productivity.
- We will have better immunity and less chances of repeated infection.
- We will have lower chances of various chronic and lifestyle diseases like diabetes, hypertension and cardiovascular diseases.
- We will have reduced medical bill expenses. We would be able to cope with routine stress much better
Of course, we all know these great advantages of being healthy. But, despite these well known facts, sometimes “Health”, has become one of the most ignored aspects of life. Many people learn its importance after a major wake up call.
I was one of them.
“It was almost 9 years ago, when I was expecting our first child. During second trimester of pregnancy, I had a sudden and severe onset of preeclampsia symptoms (high B.P., swelling and oedema, and high protein in urine). My doctor has told me, that my body is not good enough to carry the baby up to full term. Despite repeated hospitalization and close monitoring, I had IUD (intrauterine death of foetus) in 7th month. This was the most painful experience of life. I had lost my all hope and faith from the god. But After an initial recovery from my child loss, I had realised that “good health” is one of the most important thing in life. After lots of reading and various major lifestyle adjustments, I got the gift of motherhood. During these difficult journey, I had learnt an important life lesson that
“Your body is your most priceless possession, so go take care of it.”
However I had learnt the most important life lesson after this tragic experience. But, when we have a closer look to various disease statics, results are not so welcoming.
Have a look on this statistics:
- · According to data’s, the burden of chronic diseases and lifestyle diseases is rapidly increasing worldwide. Almost ½ of the total chronic diseases are attributable to CVS, obesity, and diabetes. These diseases are showing a worrying trend, and not only because they already affecting a large proportion of the population, but also because they have started to appear earlier in the life.
- · Scientific study shows that with rapid economic development and increased westernisation of lifestyle in past few decades’ prevalence of lifestyle diseases has reached alarming proportions among Indian in the recent years. No doubt, health awareness is the need of the hour with the increasing complex challenges towards us in the 21st century.
Not only these data’s and statistics are shocking, the same thing I had observed on the personal level too. Being a physician and as an individual I had observed that “diseases especially chronic and life style diseases such as Asthma, arthritis, diabetes, hypertension and heart diseases are the major factor that creates a constant state of worry for most of the families. These diseases not only affect a single individual but put a negative pressure on whole family as well. The burden of these diseases, affect physical, mental, emotional, social and economic state of diseased individual. These diseases are main reason, that most of the people wouldn’t be able to enjoying their life at fullest.
After observing and analysing these facts, I always had a strong desire to motivate people, to make “health”, is one of the high priority in life. And when blog chatter has launched their blog projects and asked me, to choose any theme which I wish to use as subject for raising awareness among people. I was overwhelmed, and I had taken this golden opportunity to share my thoughts as #healthisDiamond project.
As we all know, taking necessary precautions and awareness are always better before the disease strikes. Through my blog chatter project, I want to raise awareness about the healthier life style that, of course includes eating healthy food and regular exercise. This thing will help in lower the risk of CVS and other life style diseases and in long term, it will increase optimism, productivity and contentment. My project will include these 4 topics:
- · Why health is so important? Here are some incredible reasons, why “HealthisDiamond”?
- · 10 Obstacles standing between you and a healthy life style
- · A Complete guide to eat healthy with a busy lifestyle (20 realistic ways)
- · A complete guide to exercise regularly with a hectic life schedule
with this first post, I want to ask few questions?
v Would you be able to maintain an ideal work-family-health lifestyle balance? Or you often struggled with it?
v Do you think it is a high time to make health is a first priority?
v Did you have a major wakeup call like me (after having a serious disease condition in the family or with yourself)?
v Do you agree #HealthisDiamond? And we should try to raise awareness among people with our best possible effort?
Please share your experience, thoughts, and suggestions?
The post is a part of #Blogchatterprojects.