Having a pet offers many benefits for our mental and physical health. In fact, scientific research has proved that having a pet help in reducing stress, depression and anxiety. It also improves your cardio vascular health and keep you active. Pets also help in bringing a discipline in your life and make your life routine organized.
At my place, my both girls are animal lovers and want to keep cat as a pet. They always do extensive research and share unique information about different cats with me. Recently. My little one has shared an amazing information about a rare type of cat named “Flame point Siamese cats” with me. I found that information really unique and thought to share with you all. I am hoping this information will help those who want to buy or adopt a cat as a pet in near future.
What is “Flame point Siamese cat”? What are their unique features? What are the things one should keep in mind before adopting or buying flame point Siamese cat as a pet? Read the post to know more!
Things to consider before buying or adopting “Flame point Siamese cats”
Let’s start with the basics:
What is a “Flame point Siamese cat”?
Flame point Siamese cats are made from a mix of two breeds: a domestic shorthair and a purebred Siamese cat. They are also known for their distinctive coloring, which appears different from both of their parent breeds, and is what gives them their unique name. To be labeled as a flame point Siamese, a cat must have that specific coloration.
What are the unique characteristics of a “Flame point Siamese cat”?
- Highly intelligent, active and demanding: Flame point cats are highly intelligent, playful and active. They want lots of attention from pet owners. On practical aspect, they are little demanding and you have to take out proper time to play with them. They stay happy when they get attention from lots of people. If you have over busy schedule and cannot spend much time with your pet, then it is not a good idea to buy or adopt flame point Siamese cat as a pet.
- Rare and expensive: These cats are a rare breed and relatively new as a breed. They have been created in the year late 1940s and still not universally recognized as their own breed. They are also expensive than other routine cats and it takes time and effort to find a flame point Siamese cat to buy or adopt.
- Hypoallergenic: Usually, flame point Siamese cats are hypoallergenic. They have short hairs than other breed of cats and less likely cause an allergic reaction however, pet owners should always take extra care, when someone who has a known cat allergy visit their home. They should clean all surfaces properly to before their arrival to be on safe side.
- Weight: Flame point Siamese cats are comparatively smaller and did not grow much like other breeds of cat. A male can be around 10 to 15 pounds, and a female can be anywhere from 8 to 12 pounds. Make sure that if you have a flame point Siamese cat, you watch its weight and keep it between 10 to 15 pounds if male, and 8 to 12 pounds if female. When they get obese or gain more weight, they can have serious health problems.
- Life span: The general lifespan of flame point Siamese cat is about 15 to 20 years. Of course, other factors like their diet, lifestyle, genetic health issues, weight affect their life span and longevity.
- Health issues: These cats are prone to a number of health issues, including arthritis, hip dysplasia, pica, hyperesthesia, dental problems, and urinary problems. It is important to take good care of their health and keep a watch on any adverse health symptoms they develop. Regular vet checkup is essential and helpful in detecting any health problems. This thing also helps in easy recovering and managing symptoms.
Where can you find “Flame point Siamese cat”?
As flame point Siamese cat is a rare breed of cat, so they are not easy to find. There is a small chance that you can find this cat in a local animal shelter or online. The best option to buy a flame point Siamese cat is buying from a breeder. With this way, you will know for sure that they have the cat that you are looking for, and you will likely have a few options of flame point Siamese cats that you can choose from.
However, this route will be expensive than adopting from a local animal shelter and you might need to spend few hundred to thousand dollars to buy a flame point Siamese cat as a pet.
As a conclusion, I would say that “Flame point Siamese cats are a definitely a unique and rare type of cats to buy or adopt. They have many unique characteristics (like distinctive hair coloring, active and intelligent etc.) from other breeds of cat. These cats could be a great option for cat lovers and for those who are planning to buying or adopting cat as a pet. It is important to make yourself educated and learn all the characteristics and requirements of this cat, before making your final decision. These are the things that will make your “pet adoption journey” easier and enjoyable. If you are interested in learning more about flame point Siamese cats click here.