Yey! Finally, we reached at the end, and it’s the last post for blog chatter projects season 2.
The one month journey has come an end.
So the “Clean eating series too…”
Though I had tried to cover some basic aspects of clean eating with this series, still there are so many aspects (that I want to cover) remain left. Such as clean eating shopping grocery list, clean eating with a hectic schedule etc.
With the limitation of time, I am wrapping up the “Power of clean eating series” with this last post. I know, it is such a vast topic and may sounds somewhat overwhelming, especially for the beginners.
So in this last post, I am sharing a quick “Clean eating guideline” checklist. It is a kind of quick reminder points that will help you a lot to get started. Also at the end, I will add some valuable sources for knowing all other detail aspects of clean eating.
So let’s begun, and start a quick checklist.
- First thing first, “Clean eating” is not a specific diet, it is a lifestyle change that helps to create a state of physical, mental and emotional wellbeing. And we all should try to adopt it with every possible effort.
- In simple terms, clean eating means eating real foods that are whole (unprocessed) and in their most natural state.
- Start slow and avoid so many changes suddenly in your existing routine. It may not last so long.
- Clean eating means
- Add lots of fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- Enjoy whole grain foods instead of processed or refined food
- Avoid so much eating in one meal. Instead, eat more frequent meals within 2-3 hours interval (5-6 meals in a day)
- Try to avoid all kinds of white (White bread, white sugar, white flour)
- Plan ahead is basic key to get success in a journey of clean eating.
- Pre-plan your weekly menu and select the recipes that are cleaner and have lots of fruits and vegetables.
- Develop “healthy shopping skills” and buy healthy items.
- Organic food items are always best when it comes to developing a clean eating pattern, but if cannot afford them; just do the best you can.
- Do not overstress on minor things, always keep the bigger picture in your mind and try to follow them.
- Learn the importance of reading labels. Read the labels carefully before buying and avoid foods that are highly processed and contain a preservative or other unhealthy ingredients.
- Try to make “Clean eating habits” and “Clean eating shopping” a family activity. Involve your kids in the process and make them learn the importance of clean eating.
- Be creative while planning for the weekly menu and explore new recipes options to maintain this part of your everyday life.
- Along with recipes, pay enough attention to cooking methods too. These are equally important. Avoid deep frying. Instead, use steaming, and stir options as a cooking method.
- Learn the “healthy makeover of recipes”. With some smart changes, you can create a perfectly healthy version of your other traditional or not so healthy recipes.
- Do not forget the importance of hydration. Drink 8-10 glass of water every day.
- Avoid high-calorie soda or other unhealthy drinks. Instead, try fruit infusion water or other healthy drinks.
- Be careful while eating outside too. Try to select better options in term of ingredients and cooking methods.
- Never follow someone else’s clean diet chart or exercise schedule. Each one has a different body and individual body requirements. If you feeling overwhelmed or confused, best to take professional advice to get started.
- Make healthy snacking a part of your life. Add healthier options as a snack helps in eating clean.
- Try to maintain a balance and avoid putting extra stress. The expert suggested, try to follow a 90 per cent rules, it is ok to get indulged or eat whatever you want, once in a week.
- Focus on using different intact grains. Clean eating provides a perfect option to try different grains such as quinoa, oats, brown rice and buckwheat. Be creative while cooking and add these grains into your diet.
- Use dry fruits and nut (Almonds, walnut, fig etc.), appropriately. They are a great source of nutrition and can be used as a great snack option.
- If you had the long list of processed food in your existing pantry or shopping list, then go on slow and try to eliminate or replace unhealthy options with a healthy one.
- Take help of friends, family and join support groups. Sometimes following a new lifestyle may seem hard, and if you are already suffering from any disease like diabetes or obesity, then do not hesitate to ask for help. Join support groups and talk with others about your obstacles.
- Joining “Clean eating challenges” online or in the support group, these kinds of challenges help you keep motivated and give a practical way to get in the habit of eating better.
- Always try to be mindful while eating, cooking or buying food. Clean eating is all about being aware of the foods you are consuming.
- Along with all these dietary changes, do not forget to add physical activities as a part of your routine. Being physically active is the best thing that supports your clean eating journey so well.
- If you are a non-vegetarian than there are some principles that should be applied while buying and cooking meat. Click here to know more about it.
- Watch and control your portion size is another important step to maintain balance. Eating clean does not mean eat as much as you want.
- Make the small goal for yourself and try to be consistent with a positive mood.
- Last but not least, enjoy the whole journey. It is something that will make a major positive change in your mental, physical and emotional well-being, so adopt this with good mood and positivity. This is the main key that will help in acquiring all listed changes.
So with this last point, I am hoping that I had summed up all the points in brief. I had a great experience with this year’s blogchatter projects.
If you want to get this quick checklist (or other previous articles) in your mailbox. Please feel out this form, I will mail you all the details. I have a humble request, please fill this form for sharing your experience too. this will define the success matrix of my blogchatter project.
How was your experience with this series? Please share in the comment box.
Especial thanks to blog chatter for organizing such awesome series .this series has given a great chance to share our areas of expertise with readers.
Hoping to be a part of it next year again.
Here I am adding some other valuable sources to learn more about clean eating. Hoping it will help more.
- https://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating/ http://www.eatingwell.com/article/78846/7-tips-for-clean-eating/
- The post is a part of Blog chatter projects hosted by blog chatter(https://www.theblogchatter.com/ )If you had missed other parts of this series click herehttps://surbhiprapanna.com/2018/11/12/blogchatter-projects-season-2-power-clean-eating-theme-reveal/https://surbhiprapanna.com/2018/11/15/clean-eating-common-myths-7-guidelines-beginners/https://surbhiprapanna.com/2018/11/19/8-amazing-benefits-clean-eating/https://surbhiprapanna.com/2018/11/28/25-clean-eating-recipes-ideas-part-1/